[+] Listing of PAGES
[+] ALL content on page: Homepage
[+] MODULES on page: Homepage
05/14/2015 11:08 am
Best Tips for Cleaning Block Paving
While it's relatively easy to take care of areas of block paving near your home, it isn't entirely maintenance free and as a way to keep your paving looking its best it will certainly need regular cleaning. There are also steps that you can use to avoid issues developing with the block paving which can make the routine maintenance process a lot easier.
Let's have a look at the five points which will certainly help keep the drive, path or patio area looking great for years to come:
- Keep unwanted weeds away. Unwanted weeds will not expand through the block paving within the surface below, however they will begin to develop in the joints between the stones. Treating the area around the joints with herbicide, even if you are yet to discover any weeds, can help stop this problem from developing. Prevention is definitely much better than treatment in this case, as established weeds is usually tough to move permanently after they have taken hold.
- Clean the paving regularly. Frequently cleaning your block paving will stop it looking dirty and worn out. The very best way to clean your paving would be to make up a solution of hot soapy water and to use this formula to the paving using a brush with hard bristles. These bristles will also help eliminate particles within the joints.
- Deal with algae as soon as possible. For those who have block paving which is produced from stone, then you may encounter issues with algae, and these issues can start to reveal after just a brief amount of time. Among the most effective methods to treat algae is to apply regular home bleach, and this should be done when you first notice the algae.
- Consider using a power washer. Using a power washer can really improve the look of your block paving by removing all the dirt and grime that has built up and help restore the paving to its authentic colour. This isn't a procedure that needs to be carried out too often however, since over use of power washers can damage the components that the paving is made of. Here you can discover more details about www.eks-construction.co.uk.
- Close up the joints in the paving. For those who have a great deal of problems with weeds and water entering the joints of the paving, then using a sealant may help. This will help preserve the joints and could reduce the amount of problems that you have with weeds. It may also extend the life of the block paving.
Maintaining your block paving doesn't need to be a hard or time consuming task, and the more often it is performed, the easier it will be the in the future. If you never ever perform any upkeep on your block paving, then eventually in the future you will start to discover that it does not look as good as it used to, and the by the time you get to this aspect, it can be hard to put things right.
Sign up - it's free
Switch to desktop version